We collect various data points about you.
Data by which you are identified is termed as “Personal Data”. Personal Data does not include any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain.
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us and protection of your Personal Data is a key commitment for us.
1. Personal Data
Personal Data we may collect from you are as under:
- Images of documents / photos, provided by you, to access your insurance by us and/or avail our services from us.
- E-mail access, if provided by you, to search for your insurance policies as required to avail our services.
- Digilocker access, if provided by you, to search for your insurance policies as required to avail our services.
2. Storage of Personal Data
We employ appropriate technical and organizational security measures at all times to protect the information we collect from you. We use multiple electronic, procedural, and physical security measures to protect against unauthorized or unlawful use or alteration of information, and against any accidental loss, destruction, or damage to information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Further, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your login id and password, and should not provide these credentials to any 3rd party.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
Any Personal Data that we have access to shall never be shared without your consent.
In various processes / submission of applications / availment of product offerings, we may seek your explicit consent to use / share your Personal Data.
We will share your data with competent/ legal / statutory / regulatory agencies / authorities acting on our behalf (as the case may be) in following cases:
- Only for enabling the provision of the insurance or other financial services availed by you, strictly on a “need to know” basis and subject to applicable laws.
- It is directed or required by legal / regulatory / statutory / governmental authorities under applicable laws/regulations though a legally obligated request.
- It is required by insurance companies/financial institutions to verify, mitigate or prevent fraud or to manage risk or recover funds in accordance with applicable laws/regulations.
4. Usage of Your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in our business/insurance activities for providing our or our partners’ products/services and to perform, among other actions, the following:
- To facilitate the insurance renewals, purchase or modifications or report on these transactions;
- To undertake research and analytics for offering or improving our data processing services and their security and service quality;
- To check and process your policies submitted to us for insurance data processing services and/or instructions or requests received from you in respect of these services;
- To share with you, updates on changes to the insurance related services and their terms and conditions;
- To take up or investigate any complaints/claims/disputes;
- To respond to your queries or feedback submitted by you;
- To verify your identity for us to provide banking services to you;
- To carry screenings or due diligence checks as lawfully required by us;
- To monitor and review insurance related services from time to time;
- To undertake financial/regulatory/management reporting, and create and maintain various risk management models;
- For selective offers and promotions.
We also use your Personal Data to fulfill the requirements of applicable laws/regulations and/or court orders/regulatory directives received by us.
5. CookiesPlease note that a “cookie” is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can be later read back from that browser.We may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered.No Personal Data will be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided Personal Data, cookies may be tied to such information.
6. Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures
We take various steps and measures to protect the security of your Personal Data from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We use the latest secure server layers encryption and access control on our systems.
7. Contact us
You may contact us on any aspect of this policy or for any discrepancies/grievances with respect to your Personal Data, by writing to our Customer Support at email@example.com
8. Policy Review & Updates
This policy will be reviewed by us as and when required and the same may change at any time. The latest & most updated policy can always be found at https://www.verak.in/privacy
In this policy, the words “we”, “ours” and/or “us” refer to Engaged InsurTech Pvt Ltd and “you” and/or “your” refer to our customers.Verak is the registered trademark of Engaged InsurTech Pvt Ltd - which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Verak Inc (USA)
809 Raheja Chambers,
Free Press Journal Marg,
Nariman Point, Mumbai 400021
Startup Registration : DIPP69674
Digilocker Registration : 003373
- All trademarks and company names mentioned are respective trademarks of their respective owners and valid in countries they are enforced in.
- Information provided herein has been gathered from public sources. Engaged InsurTech Pvt Ltd disclaims any and all responsibility in connection with veracity of this data.
- Information presented on this website is for educational purposes only and should not be treated as legal, financial or any other form of advice. Engaged InsurTech Pvt Ltd is not liable for financial or other any other form of loss incurred by the user or any affiliated party on the basis of information provided herein.
Verak is the registered trademark of Engaged InsurTech Pvt Ltd which is a wholly owed subsidiary of Verak Inc (USA)